Advice for oral presentations, poster presentations, and session chairs. The conference has no official template for presentations or posters.
Guidelines for Speakers
- Bring your own laptop for your presentation.
- HDMI or SVGA connector will be accepted. Bring your own video converter if you have other technology.
- A pointer will be provided.
- Take note when your talk is to be presented.
- Before the session, introduce yourself to the session chair.
- Adhere to the published conference schedule.
- Most oral presentation assignments are for 20 minutes. Plenary speakers have 50 minutes. Other assignments as posted.
- Allow time for discussion after your presentation (for assignment of 20 minutes, allow 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussion).
Guidelines for Posters
- Space available for each poster is maximum 4 foot by 4 foot (maximum 120 cm by 120 cm). Do not exceed these limits.
- Take note on which day your poster is to be presented.
- The poster room will be available all day before your session to put up your poster.
- Put up your poster only in your assigned space.
- Remove your poster immediately after the poster session is done.
- Posters left hanging after the session ends will be taken down and may be available at the SAS2018 Registration desk.
- Any posters unclaimed by the closing of SAS2018 will be disposed.
Guidelines for Session Chairs
- Arrive at your session during the preceding break so speakers can find and introduce themselves to you.
- Before the session, identify each speaker is ready to present
- Introduce the session
- Start each speaker as scheduled in the program.
- Assist speakers with the audio-visual equipment as needed
- Introduce each speaker by name, affiliation, and title of presentation
- Keep the session on schedule
- Advise the speakers when they have 5 minutes remaining.
- Guide the discussion after the talk
- Have a question ready if none come from the audience
- If a speaker does not show up, have an open discussion on topic or leave this time vacant.
- Be prepared for the unexpected!