We welcome bids to host the XIX International Small Angle Scattering Conference (SAS2024) conference. Bids will be presented and voted on at SAS2018.
- Bids for SAS2024
- SAS2024: Request for bids
- Past Conferences
We are pleased to announce that the conference attendees selected NSRRC, Taipei, Taiwan to host SAS2024. See below for PDF file of the bid package.
Bids for SAS2024
We have received one bid to host SAS2024. You are invited to view the bid through the link below.
- Bid to host SAS2024 (PDF) received from NSRRC, Taipei, Taiwan
Discussion of the bid before the conference may be made through the sa_scat mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org). To sign up for that list, visit: http://mailman.iucr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sa_scat
We will provide time for further discussion during the Thursday afternoon session arranged for the SAS2024 bids. Then we will vote on the bid received.
SAS2024: Request for bids
The SAS2018 Conference organizers with the Commission on Small-Angle Scattering of the International Union of Crystallography (http://www.iucr.org/iucr/commissions/small-angle-scattering) hereby solicits applications from scientific institutions to host a forthcoming International Small-Angle Scattering Conference in 2024.
Those who wish to organize the SAS2024 conference are kindly asked to submit a bid via email as described on the SAS2018 conference web site. Criteria for the bid document, submission process, and evaluation board may be found below.
After the deadline, all bids will be made available online for viewing and discussion by the Community. Discussion through the SAS listserver will also be possible.
Further discussion will then take place at the SAS2018 Conference, followed by a public vote of the registered participants. This discussion and the results of the vote will be taken as a recommendation to an evaluation board, which will award the conference.
Those interested in submitting bids are invited to post them as soon as possible, but not later than midnight, July 1st, 2018, Central Daylight Time (CDT).
Completed SAS2024 bid applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com
Set the subject line of the email to: SAS2024 host bid nomination
The evaluation board will comprise:
- the Chairpersons of the previous three SAS Conference Organizing Committees (SAS2015, SAS2018 and SAS2021)
- three recognized and substantially engaged conference experts from the SAS community
- three members of the IUCr SAS Commission
The Commission hopes that this procedure will ensure long-term planning of the conferences, taking into account geographical balance, whilst at the same time being open, thorough, and fair.
SAS2024 Conference Site Bid Criteria
Bidders will be expected to provide:
- the proposed date(s) for the Conference
- a motivation for wanting to host the Conference
- the names of the members of the Local Organizing Committee (the Chairperson(s) should be indicated)
- the name(s) of the Chairperson(s) of the Scientific Program Committee
- evidence of previous successful conference organization
- details of any special scientific sessions or initiatives that are proposed
- details of any local initiatives or legislation that may promote (e.g., scientific or cultural exchange agreements) or hinder (e.g., visa restrictions, travel embargoes) the attendance of delegates from various parts of the world
- details of the proposed venue and its infrastructure (which must be capable of seating 350 delegates in Plenary sessions and provide for multiple parallel sessions, poster sessions, and a commercial exhibition)
- a representative picture of, or a link to the website for, the venue
- details of the convenience of delegate travel to and from the venue
- details of the capacity, cost and distance of delegate accommodation (a range of accommodation is preferred)
- a projection of the standard delegate registration fee and details of what it will cover
- details of support for students, young scientists, and scientists from under-privileged countries
- details of the likely climatic conditions at the venue on those dates
- details of local tourist attractions and possible extra-curricular social engagements
Recent Conference History
- SAS2021, XVIII, Campinas, Brazil
- SAS2018, XVII, Traverse City, Michigan, USA
- SAS2015, XVI, Berlin, Germany
- SAS2012, XV, Sydney, Australia
- SAS2009, XIV, Oxford, UK
- SAS2006, XIII, Kyoto, Japan
- SAS2002, XII, Venice, Italy
A more complete conference history appears on wikipedia.
SAS2018 is committed to a diverse and inclusive conference that fosters collaborative scientific discussion and interchange. Please see http://sas2018.anl.gov/program/policies/ for further information.